FAQ & Troubleshooting
Modified on: Sat, 7 Jul, 2018 at 7:49 PM
What are the fees and price for the service?
- You pay a one-time purchase fee for the Energomonitor which also includes a charge for two years usage of the Internet application.
Do you have an interface even for mobile phones?
- Yes. We have iOS and Android apps.
I forgot my application password. What shall I do?
How can I read the monthly/annual electricity consumption?
- If you need information concerning monthly or annual consumption, you generate it in the application above the chart - by your selection, choosing the periods and sensors you want to compare. These data will be displayed underneath the graph, and you can write it down. Data bear informative character and as such can't be considered as billing. For comparison such data is sufficient.
How can I remove a sensor once configured in the web application?
- Putting into practice at the moment is impossible.
Description of export columns (what does each of the columns mean?)
- For exporting data, you ship every day separately from the period which you choose.
- All measured values of the particular day with time intervals will appear afterwards in the export chart. The first left column represents the date and times. In other columns, there is a description above what is what as it is described in your application and there it is stated whether it is currency or value of consumption in Wh. If you add up values of one column, the result is the same as the value in the application when viewing the same day in the export chart. All measured values are being listed minutely in the export chart.
- For example: if there in the export chart is the sum of values in the 1st column 4614,90 Wh, in the application it is 4.62 kWh.
Is it possible to remotely disconnect the appliances in case of exceeding the consumption, to use a system for some capacity planning?
- No. Not at the moment but we plan this feature. Newly-sold Homebase stations allow bidirectional transmission, and it will be possible to enrich the device for this function by purchasing the appropriate remote-controlled contactors. There is no term for this feature yet.
Is there a possibility of setting multiple bases into one customer's account (one registration)?
- We have created a GUI for the operator of multiple bases (feeds) within one account. At https://app.energomonitor.cz/settings/add-place, you can add another Homebase to your existing account. Every single Homebase will then appear as a separate offtake point within the account (e.g., "Cottage", "Parents", "Garage", etc.).
Is it possible to connect the system to the intelligent house or any other client-operated network?
- Yes, via API. We do not develop any integration by ourselves; it depends on the intelligent house system provider.
Is it possible to set a notification for the non-standard state only for a specific period? At night, for instance?
What happens to data, assuming that your company would cease to exist? Will I have access to them?
- Data can be exported from the system at any time and transferred elsewhere.
Can I store the data on my server, SD card etc., locally?
- No. Data can be exported in CSV / Excel. It is possible to enter the IP address of the customer's server, store and process the data there but he shall control this on his own. We'll only describe the format used. Local data cannot otherwise be saved. Reason: The Homebase does not have the capacity. It would be significantly more expensive, and it would not be easy to process the data over the Internet. There are rival facilities which can do that.
I own a photovoltaic power plant, and I'm interested in monitoring that. What exactly can be traced by using your device?
- We can monitor the production of the photovoltaic power station and if the installation is executed in a specific way.
Can I measure a quarter-hour peak of electricity?
- No. It might be implemented into larger orders, but the system is intended for clients with rates C and D.
Can Energomonitor automatically recommend electricity tariff suitable for a particular offtake point?
- Good idea but difficult to implement due to the complicated and variable tariff structure across whole Europe and other continents.
What does the item "Permanently on" in charts of measuring the consumption?
- This is the lowest constant offtake that we record in the locality whether the consumption has not fallen below that power input level. It may surprise you, but even if you are not at home, your house consumes quite a lot of electricity. It is from about 50W at smaller households to 400-800W at larger family houses. Refrigerator, stand-by modes of various devices, chargers not removed from the wall, running the pump or anti-theft system, all these projects into Permanently on. And here it will be worth to think about savings.
- Do you need your pool pump to run all night long? It is not enough to purge for three hours? Wouldn't be worth to exchange the refrigerator? Let's figure out what is the mode of "Permanently on" including and let's think if you can't squeeze the consumption down because it is the essential consumption of your household which you are continually paying even if you are not at home. According to our experience, the cost of Permanently on is between 20-50% of the total annual billing.
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.